Wednesday, September 29, 2010

About 23 years ago . . .

I'm back!  Two posts in one day.  Does that make up for my prior procrastination?

Thought I'd share a little scrappy goodness.  Each time I go scrapping, I try to do a  couple pages from "back in the day."  Here's one of my most recent.  I think it's appropriate, given that we're approaching Halloween.



The journaling reads:    "Honestly, have you ever seen a cuter sheriff?  Look at that precious face - with the mascara mustache...  Ryan was never picky about his Halloween costumes - he was never really picky about anything - very easy-going.  I don't think it's a mother's bias, I just think it's a fact that he was a really sweet boy.  I was proud of him then - and I'm proud of him today."     =)

I sewed all the "border" onto the page and sewed on my journaling, as well as the zig-zag stitching at the top.  I'm not turning out pretty clothes with my sewing machine like Mom did, but, hey, at least my machine is put to good use.

** Great.  I just ran spell check and realize I misspelled "sheriff" on my journaling.  I even found someone with a dictionary and looked it up.  great.  I should have just said "law enforcement dude."

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

YAY!!! a layout!! Carolyn is posting layouts!!!