Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Extended Family . . .

Whoa!  Where did the time go?  Looks like this ol' blog is yet another thing I procrastinate with -- on.  Whatever.  Yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition.  It's my blog.  =)

So I left you last time with K's big fly ball.  Lo and behold if she didn't catch another one!  Of course, then a few games later, she hit a fly ball and it was caught.  There may have been a tear or two shed.  It's tough being seven and a half.

So for a quick September recap, we went to Ryan and Molly's to celebrate Pam's birthday.  I'm pretty sure she's 49...  Kaitlyn made a nice birthday sign that greeted everyone on the front porch.  Ryan had the iPod set up with music he knew Pam would like, and had the Ping-Pong table and the corn-hull-bean-bag-toss-thing (whatever it's called) set up too.  Nolan went to sleep right on cue, and the whole time we sat outside and ate and visited, he was snoozing in his stroller.  It was the perfect night to sit around outside and enjoy just being there.



Yea!  I got pictures to upload!  Uh-oh.  Y'all are so in trouble now, that's all I can say.

The next weekend we were invited to Whit and Janet's house, Molly's dad and step mom.  It was another great night and we got to enjoy eating out on the deck.  I'd already heard what a cook Janet was, and she certainly lived up to her reputation!  I may or may not have had a piece of both her homemade key lime pie and her homemade caramel pie.  I'm just sayin'.

Lillian and Kaitlyn had a big time, with everything from playing with the American Girl dolls, riding the zip line, providing us a little entertainment inspired by the "check it out girls" on tv, and topping it off with a game or two of Twister .  The older kids -- Ryan, Wes, and Chip -- provided musical entertainment of their own.  Janet had said she was going to make Ryan play for his dinner.  We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.







I have been so blessed with this new extended family of ours.  They've all stepped right into Kaitlyn's life without missing a step.  She and Nolan are truly the blessed ones.  My heart is just spilling over.

Okay.  I think I'll call it quits here with the family recap.  I've got more to share, so never you worry.  I've got ball pictures to share, a scrapbook page or two, and there may even be a picture of a certain little almost-three-month-old.




Oh, wait!  How did that happen?  Told ya y'all were in trouble.  I'll be posting again really soon . . . now that I can add pictures!  I'm literally clapping my hands and letting out a little squeal right now.   =)

No comments: