Saturday, November 13, 2010

Got Scraps?

I've never been a wasteful person.  When I first began scrapbooking, I would cut the paper out from behind a picture and use that scrap somewhere else.  I don't do that anymore, but I still like to be creative and see what I can do with my waste. 

In this case it's burlap.

Remember the table runner I made a couple weeks ago?  Once I was finished, I was left with a pile of burlap strings and scraps.  So what can you do with burlap scraps?

You can make nests for big pumpkins . . .



and for little pumpkins . . .


and even for the poor little gourd that's trapped under glass in your bathroom, of all places.  Everybody does that; right?


You can tie up a bundle of books.


And if the candle you want to burn isn't anywhere near quite the right color, just wrap some burlap around it.  At first I used burlap to tie it as well, but I decided I liked the strip of muslin better. 


So there ya go.  Instead of throwing my burlap waste in the trash, I sprinkled it around the house.  Did I mention I've got several yards of burlap left? 
I'm thinking of making Christmas stockings
with creamy velvet cuffs adorned with vintage buttons and lace. 
I'm going to need six stockings this year, ya know!   =)
Stay tuned! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Cj

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

oooh oooh! i have some leftover burlap around here! and i am digging that candle idea!