Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sew, what's up?

I've been playing around this weekend.  This is one of six.  Each will be different. 
I'll attempt to make three of them a bit less feminine.  =)



 This one uses lace from Chip's grandmother, Grace,
and buttons I had in my scrapbook supplies. 

The velvet is decorator fabric, which is all I could find in the right color.  Lucky for me, it was dirty and, thus, reduced to $7 a yard.  I got 3/4 of a yard -- which should be plenty for six cuffs --  and used a 40% coupon. 

I had an old cotton sheet -- literally old, and literally 100% muslin, which meant it had to be ironed and I would never use it -- that I used for the lining.

So far I'm out $3.44, including tax.  Suh-weet.

(Yes, Christina, it's a little wrinkled.  I was too eager to photograph it. 
I hope you can iron burlap...)

*ETA:  My "talent" did indeed come from my mom.  Plus, you're the one that taught me to sew.  Thankyouverymuch, Mom!

8 comments:

D said...

Bravo!

Gene/Dolores Money said...

Dad SAYS...What a TALENT

Gene/Dolores Money said...

Just wish some of your talents had come from me...I looked and marveled. Keep it up

Mom

Amber said...

That's an awfully punny title! :)

Gretchen said...

oh wow! that is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

That's very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

keep rolling......ur that us SEWING.

Kaffy said...

Love the stocking, Carolyn!