Friday, October 1, 2010

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood

Sunday morning was, for sure.  Kristi, a neighbor across the street, has started something.  See, for two years now, she takes some of these . . .




from this tree in our side yard. . .



and later shows up at our front door with this . . .



which quickly turns into this . . .

(I should have taken a picture with just crumbs left)

Kaitlyn was lucky enough to be here when they were delivered.  She requested I take a picture where she was blurry.  Future photographer in the making, y'all.


This year Kristi threw in a jar of strawberry preserves too.  Yum-my.  And, yes, the biscuits were warm when the kids brought them over. 

I do have a confession to make.  I might have reminded her this year when the cherries were ready.  And I might have said something like "better get 'em before the birds do!"  I might have.  Because that's what a good neighbor does. 

Kaitlyn loves the cherries.  She wouldn't typically be fond of anything with a seed, but it's somehow different when you're picking it yourself and can sit right down in the grass and enjoy the fruits of your labor.  Seriously, "fruits" of your labor!  ha!  Am I witty or what?


I wonder if Kristi makes pear preserves.  We've got a pear tree, and it looks like it's pickin' time!  Should I be a good neighbor and let her know?    =)

Cj

6 comments:

Gene/Dolores Money said...

What a Wonderfully Brilliant Daughter, we thoroughly enjoyed it.....Fantastically GOOD pictures

Mom & Dad

Gene/Dolores Money said...

Carolyn, be sure Kristi knows that your DAD also loves BOTH Cherry & Pear Perserves.

Gretchen said...

i too love preserves! does she deliver across state lines??

D said...

I don't have a neighbor like yours, but I did make some pumpkin bread today. The smell of spices was perfect to welcome the crisp, fall weather.

CJ said...

I wish you were my neighbor, Debbie! I would be able to tell when you were cooking by the sweet (and sometime spicy) aroma wafting in my direction, and I would grab a cup of coffee and head straight to your house. And then you would catch on and you would start closing your windows, or quit using your exhaust fan, close your blinds, or turn off all your lights, whatever it took to keep me away . . . heee! =)

D said...

The house on the corner is for sale. :)