Monday, October 11, 2010

Ta-da!

Ta-da!  It's done! 

Of course, one thing led to another.  I needed to don a dust mask and clean the room before putting things away. Then a little rearranging and "foofifying" (my word) seemed in order.  That was the fun part.  Once I got into it, I had to resist the urge to do an all-out purge of supplies.  I did start a small pile for Molly, who has expressed an interest in doing an album for Nolan. 

So now I am inspired.  I'm inspired to spend some time in there creating -- like maybe a belated Happy Birthday card for Mom! -- and to spend some time in there and really get it organized.  The closet in the corner could be used so much more efficiently.  

So here's the big reveal!





Look!  You can see the carpet!  And you can sit in the chairs!


Someday I plan to do a post featuring particular items I'm using.  As I was putzing around in here this weekend, I realized how many family pieces fill the room.  I know Mom and Margaret will get a kick out of seeing how what I've done with things that were theirs or were their mothers'.  

Now, this closet I've got big plans for . . .



Yessiree, Bob.  (Or maybe it should be "yessiree, Gene."  ha!)  This is the home of my future sewing closet.  When I work up the courage -- and when I'm up for the challenge -- I'll show you what mass of junk loveliness lies behind Curtain Number One.  You can safely assume it's another weekend project.  Or maybe a month-long project.  I've got all kinds of ideas for this space.  As a matter of fact, I've already got old sewing pattern pieces up on the wall as wallpaper. 

I think this is something Dad will want to come help with.  I'm going to need an electrical plug or two...   It'll be so much fun!  =)   (Love you, Dad!)

That's it for now.  Transcripts are calling my name!

Cj







4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous!! Maybe you should set a deadline for the closet renovation. You know we never get anything done without a deadline. :)

D said...

LUV the closet curtain! Did you make it?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I am so envious that you have a whole room devoted to crafting!! :) Technically, I could use our new guest room for crafty stuff since the girls are bunking together now, but I don't want to get too comfortable in there...not sure if we'll ever have a third kid. :s You did a great job! The room looks fantastic!

Gretchen said...

ok if that is what your scraproom looks like "messy", you might have a heart attack if you ever saw mine!! hehe! looks great now though!