Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Safety first . . .

It's time to share another scrapbook page.  This is a quick simple one.  (None of my pages are quick.  Let's just say I enjoy the process.)  My pages have gotten simpler as I like to concentrate more on the pictures and journaling these days.  Which is another way of saying I've quit spending money on embellishments and am making do with that I've got.  Which is still plenty, believe me.

Let's begin with this quick disclaimer:


And then let's just go ahead and address the whole irresponsible parenting issue and clear the air.   I promise you I was a prudent parent.  99% of the time.  Really.



Okay.  You can click on the pictures to make them larger.  But just for effect, I've zoomed in on this one for ya ...


... to enable you to fully appreciate his form ... and height ...

And then here's the second page of the layout, which is really about the journaling.
Save your eyes.  I've typed the journaling out for you below.


The journaling reads:

"Photos: 1987 - 4 yrs. old
Journaling - 2010

What were we thinking?
A) Diving jumping into, what, maybe 10 inches of water -- if that much -- ...
B) from a FOLDING CHAIR ...
C) wearing goggles!

Seriously?  Probably the only thing worse than belly-flopping onto the bottom of a plastic pool is to do it with goggles strapped to your face.

I cracked up when I ran across these pictures recently.  Look at how high he is jumping!  Once I quit laughing, I realized these action shots probably call my parenting skills into question.  I wonder if the possibility of potential injury ever entered my mind.
Oh, well.  I'm happy to report that he is now 27 years old - and relatively normal.  =)

Love you, Ryan!   Mom"

So there you have it, a little bit of scrappy goodness. 
One of my pages from "back in the day." 

And might I just say, I will never let my grandchildren jump from folding chairs into a shallow pool, whether they're wearing goggles or not. 

Thankyouverymuch.
Mommo.  =)


4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That is hilarious! Looks like something my brother would do. ;)

Amber said...

I still find this pretty amazing/hilarious! :)

Anonymous said...

That picture is hilarious, Carolyn. Dillon, Sally and I had a good chuckle looking at it together. Seriously, it brought me to tears. I'm still laughing.
Kaffy

Aunt Gina said...

That is outrageous! You should post it to 'awkwardfamilyphotos.com'. check it out seriously. you may have others that will qualify!