Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kiddo update

We got to keep Mr. Nolan for a bit last weekend, and I discovered something.  If you're babysitting and you need, say, 30 minutes to get something done around the house, put the baby on this little play mat and you're good to go. 
Not that I do that.
I waste spend that 30-minute window of housecleaning opportunity and watch him entertain me himself.


I've gotta tell ya, that picture is actually quite misleading.  I think he's in some sort of a self-induced trance here.  Typically, his hands and feet are in continuous movement when he's "playing" on his mat. 

Case in point:



I need to talk to him about that.  It makes it really hard for Mommo to get good pictures...

And looky who's discovering his hand!  And it's always the left hand.  Wonder if that means he'll be a lefty like his big sister, and his daddy, and his Mommo...


I think he'd like to say hi to you-all real quick before we move on ...


Hi!


Miss Kaitlyn has been on fall break last week and this week.  I was hoping to have a "Camp Mommo" while she was off, but it just didn't happen.  She did come spend a day with me, although I think her plans were more to come over and play with Amanda, a little neighbor girl. 

We did get a little craft time in before Amanda came over.  I'm so glad "our" scraproom is back in order so there can be more of this taking place:


This girl is in her element when she's crafting. We've designated one of my scrapbooking t-shirts as her painting shirt.  We started that when she was younger.  She hardly makes a mess now, though, at all. And did you notice which hand she uses?  =)

Hope you enjoyed the quick update on the grandkids!

Cj

4 comments:

Amber said...

The picture of Nolan "saying hi" is so sweet! If it doesn't make you smile, then there's something wrong with you! :)

Kaitlyn Bertram said...

nice comment on nolan! i like the one where nolan is smiling :)


loooooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gene/Dolores Money said...

Those are Great pictures of Nolan....You surely have some photography SKILLS

Dad

Gene/Dolores Money said...

Now back to that closet project involving DAD........GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL

Dad